This page will be frequently updated with the latest information available on COVID-19
Important information regarding COVID-19
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like to let you know that we remain fully committed to maintaining our commercial activities.
At Synergie Hunt International, the health and safety of our workforce is our top priority and we are taking all reasonable measures to protect and provide support to our employees.
Synergie Hunt International’s functional team is available and continues to operate remotely with full access to company tools, technology and resources to offer immediate support. Our 24-hour service is available outside of normal business hours to respond to and manage your requirements.
In Ontario: Toll free number : 1 (866) 688-4868
General information on the evolution of COVID-19
The circumstances surrounding COVID-19 are evolving and changing rapidly in Canada and we recommend that you monitor the situation closely, for your own safety and for the safety of those around you.
For an up-to-date global portrait please see: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports
Here are the measures taken by Synergie Hunt International Inc.:
We have appointed a Crisis Management Team:
The team includes Jacques Cadoch, Ginette Rupp and Cora Bucci, the three executive committee members of Synergie Hunt International. They will stay up to date on all COVID-19 virus developments and follow daily updates issued by Federal and Provincial Governments.
This crisis management team will quickly adapt to any situation, including health, safety or economic measures that need to be implemented.
The team will communicate with employees by email about measures that will be applied.
We ask all our employees and contract workers to avoid travelling outside of Canada. If our employees must travel, we ask them to notify the crisis management team one week before departure, so that the necessary measures can be implemented for a safe return to work.
In any case, upon return from a trip, we will follow the recommended procedures and we will require the employee to be put in self isolation for a minimum of 14 days. During that period, working from home can be an option, in some cases.
Here is a reminder of all the hygiene practices that need to be followed in the workplace and in everyday life:
- Practice social distancing: at least 2 metres from others or the length of a hockey stick.
- Wash your hands often with warm running water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based disinfectant if you don’t have access to soap and water.
- Observe hygiene rules when coughing or sneezing: Cover your mouth and nose with your arm to reduce the spread of germs.
- If you use a tissue, discard it as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards.
- Avoid touching your face (nose, mouth, eyes, ears)
- Respect all measures put in place by our corporate customers
- Social Gathering is prohibited… this is limiting the spread to further stop the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and well-being of us all.
Download the recommendation form that we sent to all our candidates.
Here’s an effective handwashing reminder.
If you think you have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms which include fever, cough and difficulty breathing or have been in close contact with someone who has it, you must stay home. You must avoid travelling to work, avoid infecting others.
As COVID-19 poses public safety concerns, if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have symptoms related to Covid-19 we ask you to notify us and isolate yourself for a minimum of 14 days. We will follow up with you on a regular basis. We will coordinate with Public Health and notify other potentially affected individuals to ensure they take appropriate precautions to prevent further transmission.
If you have any doubts about your health condition, please contact the dedicated phone lines to discuss your condition:
Information line in Quebec: 1 877 644-4545
Information line in Ontario: 1 877 604-4567
Additional precautions for our recruiters:
- IMPORTANT UPDATE: Starting next Monday, March 23rd, 2020, all our recruiters, account managers, assistants and managers will work from home. Therefore, all offices will be closed to the public, indefinitely. All interviews will be done remotely.
- All interviews must be done via Skype.
- During a remote interview with a candidate, our employees will ask them if they have travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days or are planning to travel. If their answer is yes, recruiters will inform them that they will need to self-isolate for 14 days upon their return, or after the interview, before being able to accept any possibility of employment.
- Our medical recruitment teams have developed a pre-hiring questionnaire which allows us to find available candidates while respecting Government security standards. You will therefore have the certainty that no candidate we offer poses a risk to your different clients.
Direct communication with our clients:
As a responsible employer, we must protect the health and safety of our temporary workers through direct daily communication with our clients.
- We require all account managers to maintain daily direct communications with each of our clients to verify no onsite confirmed or presumed cases of COVID-19 infection. In the event there is a verified or presumed case, our employees are to be sent home.
- If applicable, the account manager will immediately transfer this information to our Crisis Management Committee and ensure the necessary measures are taken.
Rest assured that we will follow this developing situation closely and keep each of you connected to our business activities informed. Thank you for working together in all our best interests.
You have lost your job or income as a result of COVID-19
You may be eligible for Canada Emergency Response Benefit. To apply for this benefit you can click on the link : https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/cerb-application.html.
COVID-19 in Ontario: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/
For health sector employees, online: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/coronavirus/2019_guidance.aspx
Recommendations for workers working on essential services: https://www.inspq.qc.ca/en
The above recommendations are based on information available at the time of writing. They are subject to change as the situation evolves.