Hunt Personnel / Temporarily Yours
Purpose for Collecting Personal Information
As a job seeker using Hunt's services, you are asked to provide certain pieces of information in order for us to provide you with the best possible service. In addition to your contact details, your resumé, and a description of the type of work you are looking for, your file may include the following:
- Our interview notes.
- Information obtained through reference and background checks.
- Education records.
- Reference letters.
- Skill testing results.
For temporary staffing arrangements, Hunt also requires the following:
- Information required to provide payroll services, including your social insurance number, banking details, tax deductions and vacation allowances.
- Information about you and your beneficiaries, as required, to enroll in our benefits packages.
Use of Information
Hunt uses your personal information to:
- Understand your qualifications, needs and preferences.
- Find the best job opportunities for you that will give you the job satisfaction you are looking for.
- Fulfill our clients' requests for information about job candidates.
- Provide you with appropriate training or career transition services.
- Assess and develop our business and operations to better service job seekers and our clients.
- Provide payroll and other HR functions to you, for temporary staffing arrangements.
Hunt never collects more personal information than is needed to fulfill these purposes, unless requested by the client and consented to by the job seeker.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your personal information will never be traded, sold or leased by Hunt to any external companies without first obtaining your written consent. Your information is only disclosed for Hunt's legitimate business purposes or as required to meet legal and regulatory requirements, for example to comply with a court order.
In the normal course of business, Hunt will disclose your personal information to its clients when it feels there is a potential for job placement. As a job seeker, you are relying on us to share such information. Hunt will only provide your information to employers if there is a job opening that is well-suited for you, and we will only provide information required and requested to make an informed decision regarding a job candidate.
We may share information with our affiliates and partners and with service providers such as contractors or other companies that we use to provide full staffing services (collectively, "service providers"). However, we limit our disclosure of the personal information to that required for the function that will be performed by the service provider on our behalf. We also ensure that every contract we enter into with a service provider clearly outlines the service provider's obligation to protect your personal information and comply with applicable privacy laws.
Examples of companies Hunt shares your limited personal information with include:
- Organizations that perform background checks including criminal, educational and credit checks as required by the client.
- An outsourced payroll service provider, for temporary staffing arrangements.
- Employee testing centers.
Wherever possible and when necessary, Hunt will obtain your express consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information. For example, we obtain your express, written consent before releasing your personal information to a third party who provides background checks on potential employees.
Retention of your Personal Information
We retain your information as long as you are using our placement services, or longer if required by law. For temporary workers, that means we retain all your information as long as you remain on our payroll, and for seven years thereafter. For permanent placements, we retain your information for one year after you accept a permanent employment position.
In the event that you wish to withdraw your consent to the use, disclosure and retention of your personal information, it is your responsibility to inform Hunt in writing. At this time, you will be informed by Hunt whether and how such withdrawal will affect the services being provided to you.
We have physical and technological safeguards in place as well as procedures and policies to ensure that your personal information, in both paper and electronic format, are secure. Hunt protects the personal information we collect through various security practices and measures. For example, we require the following:
- Hunt employees carry security cards to enter the premises, and all others are required to sign in and be escorted.
- Filing cabinets remain locked at all times.
- Access to electronic and paper files is limited on a need-to-know basis depending on job function.
- Password selection criteria and expiry make unauthorized access more difficult.
- Staff training on the importance of privacy and security is undertaken regularly.
Electronic Collection of Information
Through our website, you can ask questions about our services, and provide information about yourself, such as your resumé using the email option. If you provide personal information to us via unencrypted e-mail you should be aware of the inherent risks of interception over which we have no control. We use personal information we collect electronically for the purposes described in this policy.
Access to and Correction of your Personal Information and Accuracy
Hunt relies on the information provided by you, as well as third parties such as those providing references, educational institutions or those conducting background checks. You may at any time make a written request for access to your personal information except in limited circumstances established by law. Upon payment of a small administrative fee, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information.
Hunt strives to maintain accurate records of your personal information, however, this cannot be achieved without your help. In this ongoing effort, we ask you to provide us with your most up to date information and to let us know of any personal information you have given us in the past or that is otherwise in our records that is incomplete, inaccurate, or no longer relevant. It will be our pleasure to make appropriate modifications to information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate.
Contact us with any Questions or Concerns
Hunt takes full responsibility for the management and confidentiality of the personal information it collects. If you have any concerns about this policy, or feel that Hunt is not abiding by it, please write to:
666 Sherbrooke St. West
Montreal Quebec H3A 1E7